Most of us love noodles, At least I am a very big noodle eater. But it can get bummer to eat same kind of noodles right? Even though I love noodles, repeatedly eating same kinda Hakka noodles gets very monotonous.
Well not anymore, when I want to eat noodles and stay away from Hakka, I switch them with Ramen Noodles. How Ramentic.
They are very easy to make and so quick…. I love the texture of Ramen noodles. They have to be handled carefully otherwise they tend to break and lose their tender texture.
What is Ramen Noodles and its Origin ?
Ramen is actually Japanese adaptation of Chinese noodles. The theory mostly says that ramen was introduced by Chinese immigrants in Yokohama Chinatown. According to the records and theory ramen originated in China and made its way over to Japan in 1859.
“I would say ramen was a dish made in China, but sold and made trendy in Japan”
Ramen is dried or instant noodles which is made from wheat flour, but fried then dried before packaging. At most Asian markets, you can find packets of these dried noodles , so grab these and keep multiples on hand for making ramen anytime.
I like to make my Ramen by just adding boiled water to it and let it sit for 3-4 mins. Then i drain out the hot water and rinse it with cold water to make sure that do not overcook them.
Be careful about veggies, they can get soggy if you cook more than what is necessary and this turns the Ramen soggy which we do not want. Just make sure to cook them just enough so that they stay crunchy and makes Ramen look Romantic.
Try out Ramen recipe , I am sure you will make them more often. If you try it, do not forget to let me know.
Vegetable Sesame Garlic Ramen
For the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp Vegan Fish Sauce- If you do not have it replace this with more Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
For the Ramen
- 4 Dry Instant Noodles
- 2-3 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium carrot
- 1-2 Cups Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Wine (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Mung bean Sprout
- 2 Scallions
- Alter the veggies to your choice. Sometime I like to add Broccoli to my Ramen.
- To Spice up the dish , Add Sriracha/hot sauce to desired level of heat.
- It is best to use low sodium soy sauce for this recipe. If your soy sauce is not low sodium, please adjust to taste.
- If you are not using Vegan Fish Sauce taste may vary so add some more soy to balance the flavor.
- I usually end up sprinkling some Sesame oil to my Ramen just before taking it off the gas. You can add too if you choose to.
Find Sublime flavors on Instagram with #sublimeflavors.
Or click the button below to connect.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?